Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Cookie Caper

I haven't mentioned it, but I've had some health issues lately. Fortunately, I've had a little help getting everything taken care of.  My husband's office, in particular, has been fantastic about shuffling schedules around to allow my husband to cover the home front when I have to be at one doctor or another.  To express my appreciation, I decided to bake them some cookies.

When it comes to baking, I'm no newbie, but some unknown something went awry with my chocolate chip cookies.  They weren't horrible, but they weren't my best.  Fortunately, I had also whipped up a batch of double chocolate chunk, and they were fan-freaking-tastic.  So, to avoid shaming myself in the eyes of the office women, I decided to send only the double chocolate chunk; the less desirable chocolate chip cookies could be inflicted on my own beloved family.

Got all that?

Anyway, while the cookies were cooling, I roamed off to another part of the house to do . . . whatever.  When, I returned to the kitchen, I immediately felt that something was amiss. You guessed it . . . the dog had burgled the cookies.

Crime Scene Reenactment

But, not all of them.  Would you believe that that dog actually picked out all of the double chocolate chunk cookies and left all of the chocolate chip?  They must have been worse than I thought!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I guess I have to bake more cookies . . .